The ultimate fate of all intelligent beings has always been to become as grand as their thoughts.
Episode 40 is no ordinary episode! This time TrChFic is crossing over with Couch Command and its esteemed host Keith Hayward to jump right down the Chinese sci-fi wormhole of Liu Cixin's haymaker-punch ending to his Three Body Problem trilogy, Death's End (死神永生 / Sǐshén Yǒngshēng). Hell yes.
// NEWS ITEMS //
- Feng Jicai event: Tales of Old Tianjin w/ XINRAN, Guanghwa Bookshop & Sinoist Books
- What's Going Wrong With Translated Chinese Literature? by Dylan Levi King
- On UFOlogy with Chinese Characteristics and the Fate of Chinese Socialism
// WORD OF THE DAY //
(警告 / Jǐnggào / warning)
// MENTIONED IN THE EPISODE //
- What Makes Chinese Science Fiction Chinese? by Xia Jia
- The Roman and Chinese Empires
- The London Chinese Scifi Group and their discussion of The Lighthouse Girl by Baoshu
- The Cultural Revolution, Fanaticism and Rationality in The Three-Body Problem - a Master's thesis that gets into some of what Keith and I discuss