'What sort of a fiend are you that you dare change into my appearance, take my descendants captive, occupy my immortal cave, and assume such airs?'
In the forty eighth episode of The Translated Chinese Fiction Podcast we are doing something a little different! In this episode half of a small army of Chinese lit podcasters join me to discuss their favourite stories from dynastic China.
// NEWS ITEMS //
- The TrChFic Mailing List
- Distant Sunflower Fields - OUT NOW
- Ma Jian on China's Efforts to Extinguish Memory
// PODCASTERS & THEIR CHOSEN STORIES //
// MENTIONED IN THE EPISODE //
- Breakfast with Socrates
- the translator Herbert Giles
- the 1986 TV adaptation of Journey to the West and the 1978 Japanese adaptation
- 'Sworn brothers' and other kinds of kindship in China
- the dark 'Fake Wukong' theory
- the author Feng Menglong